CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 592/4

I have Panasonic CCTV camera (WV-SFV481) that is setup to upload images every 5 min. Uploads are happening but after certain period of time, the images are not uploaded to the server. Looking at log file on the camera, you can see that camera is trying to upload and generating "FTP file transfer error". Unforutantely, error message is criptic and does not porvide details on what exactly is the issue.

After I login to the camera as well as my Camera FTP account, camera just restarts successful upload. I am not sure what exactly is happening and why upload restarts after that. It stops again and I cannot figure out what is causing camera to stop. Another point; doing ping of the ftp server address is failing all the time regardless if camera succesfully uploades image or not. I guess, ping on your server is disabled so this is not the ritght test to see if there is connection problem or server is not visible.

Is there a way to enable debug logs on my account so I can see what is going on?

Thank you,

5/17/2024 5:30:11 PM

CameraFTP's service is extremely reliable. Our up-time is over 99.99%. If you suspect our service is down, please feel free to test it with an FTP client such as FileZilla. Connect it to ftp.cameraftp.com and log in with your CameraFTP username and password. ( Don't use Ping as it cannot check if an FTP server is working or not. Ping is blocked on DriveHQ's cloud service, which does not affect our service at all.)

I checked your account and noticed that your camera uploads images with the same file name. This can cause new images overwriting old images, and you will have one image only. Please configure the camera to append the time stamp to the file names, so that it will not overwrite old image files.

Upload interruption is usually caused by network errors. If the camera uses WiFi, and if the signal is not very strong, then it is more likely to happen. Often it can recover automatically after a few minutes. Sometimes it is caused by the camera software/firmware. If you reboot the camera, the problem is resolved. If your camera is unreliable, please check if it supports automatic rebooting. You can configure it to automatically reboot every day / week. This can make your camera more reliable. 

5/18/2024 12:56:51 AM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  5/18/2024 12:56:51 AM

CameraFTP's service is extremely reliable. Our up-time is over 99.99%. If you suspect our service is down, please feel free to test it with an FTP client such as FileZilla. Connect it to ftp.cameraftp.com and log in with your CameraFTP username and password. ( Don't use Ping as it cannot check if an FTP server is working or not. Ping is blocked on DriveHQ's cloud service, which does not affect our service at all.)

I checked your account and noticed that your camera uploads images with the same file name. This can cause new images overwriting old images, and you will have one image only. Please configure the camera to append the time stamp to the file names, so that it will not overwrite old image files.

Upload interruption is usually caused by network errors. If the camera uses WiFi, and if the signal is not very strong, then it is more likely to happen. Often it can recover automatically after a few minutes. Sometimes it is caused by the camera software/firmware. If you reboot the camera, the problem is resolved. If your camera is unreliable, please check if it supports automatic rebooting. You can configure it to automatically reboot every day / week. This can make your camera more reliable. 

Thank you for a quick reply. Just another note; I logged into FTP account just now and camera picture was not visible (uploaded). I went to settings just to see what the issue was flagged, moved back to "My Camera" and pciture was there.

I setup camera to upload the same file name so old image is overwritten since I do not need to keep the old image around. I will change so date_time is appended to the image name as suggested. I just need to embed the last image capture on the website so members can see the status of the tennis courts especially after rain.

Let's see if this changes anything. Thank you 

5/18/2024 11:11:23 AM

I checked your camera folder, it works fine now. You can verify it by logging into CameraFTP.com website, go to My Cameras page, click the folder icon below your camera thumbnail, then navigate the subfolders to see the recorded image files; based on the file time, it works fine now. 

If you publish a camera, you can get the last camera image using the GetLastCameraImage API. Please read this document, Chapter 4:

https://www.cameraftp.com/camera/knowledgebase/howtoPublishCamera.aspx

5/18/2024 4:40:39 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  5/18/2024 4:40:39 PM

I checked your camera folder, it works fine now. You can verify it by logging into CameraFTP.com website, go to My Cameras page, click the folder icon below your camera thumbnail, then navigate the subfolders to see the recorded image files; based on the file time, it works fine now. 

If you publish a camera, you can get the last camera image using the GetLastCameraImage API. Please read this document, Chapter 4:

https://www.cameraftp.com/camera/knowledgebase/howtoPublishCamera.aspx

Works great. Thank you for your support 

5/20/2024 10:07:29 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003